WHAT IS A TEXAS RISING STAR ?
Texas Rising Star is a quality rating and improvement system for Texas early childhood programs. It is an outside State Accredited entity that monitors a childcare facility program. The evaluation is based on a standard set of ten criteria that exceeds the minimum standards required b child care licensing.
Child care providers such as Kinder College Academy who choose to become accredited as a Texas Rising Star are evaluated annually to ensure they continue to meet accreditation standards. There are 3 levels of achievement by a licensed provider 2 star, 3 star and 4 star. Each Star reflects a higher level of quality achieved by the provider. A four star is considered to have met the highest quality accreditation.
Our center has achieved the highest TRS certification, offering quality care that exceeds State’s Minimum Child Care Licensing Standards for director and staff qualifications, age-appropriate curricula and activities, nutrition and indoor/outdoor activities. Our center working along with parent involvement and education, provide a significant contribution to the early development of children.
The TRS criteria looks at the overall operation of the facility and the experiences provided for children while in care.
The criteria includes meeting the following requirements:
- Compliance with DFPS licensing
- Qualifications for directors and caregivers in licensed child care centers.
- Staff orientation for new employees
- Staff training for licensed child care centers.
- Smaller than minimum standard group sizes
- Written program goals and objectives for curriculum and activities.
- Positive caregiver/child interactions.
- Appropriate indoor and outdoor environments and materials.
- Focus on providing a healthy and safe environment.
- Offer nutritious meals and snacks and practice age appropriate meal time routines.
- Encourage parent involvement.